The spring weather was a short thrill, it’s been pouring down for two days now and the temperature dropped to 6 degrees again. So everything is back to normal.
My days are just filled with yoga/gym and school right now, so I thought I would do a little fun fact post about the town!
Did you know…
- It’s a young crowd, with an average age at 31.
- Columbus made the list for one of the world’s leading cities for fashion. Ranked 61 out of 63, but still!
- The Columbus Metropolitan Library located in Downtown opened 1873. The library is one of the most-used library systems in the country and is consistently among the top-ranked large city libraries.
- When it comes to best cities (in the country) for beer drinkers, Columbus is ranked no 6. Columbus’ beer scene is booming – more then half of the 37 breweries here have opened in the last five years.
- Ohio State University is the third largest campus in the country.
- According to Forbes list “Best cities for businesses and careers”, Columbus is ranked no. 11. You’ll find headquarters to companies like Abercrombie and Fitch, Victoria’s Secret, American Electric Power, Wendy’s, Klarna and maybe soon Amazon.
- One of the biggest fitness expos on earth takes place annually in Columbus. And the event was founded by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Therefor you’ll find a bronze statue of the former governor downtown.
- Eight of the 45 presidents are from Ohio.
- The name of the hockey team in Columbus is Columbus blue jackets. The name comes from the fact that, during the civil war, Columbus manufactured thousands of blue uniforms for Union troops.
- Columbus has that “big city” feel broken down into neighborhoods.